I have so many things to be thankful for. I try (and don’t always succeed) to be aware of all the wonderful things in my life. But sometimes life is hard and you make mistakes that make life harder then necessary and it’s difficult to see the good, the positive, the learning that happens on a day-to-day basis. BUT, I have a whole lot of wonderful, amazing and terrific people and things to be grateful and thankful for. So, for the future me and for the kids, I’m taking a moment to list out some of things that I’m thankful for. Then I’m going to sleep
1. This one sounds so obvious, but I want to make sure it’s out there. I am thankful for my babies. Thankful they are healthy, smart, adorable babies; they make my life so much more. More crazy, more silly, more happy.
2. I’m so, so thankful that I get to do what I love for a living. I love my job. I love every aspect of it. The photography, the editing, the business (well, I’m learning to love it!), my clients, the business of weddings and all the awesome people I’ve met and worked with over the last 10+ years.
3. I’m so thankful that Jeremy is supportive of my work. Right now he’s an almost full-time dad while I work. He could be doing a lot of other things with his life and time, but he really enjoys our babies and staying home with them. Which is quite awesome!
4. I’m not sure this should rank at number 4, but I am so thankful/grateful that I get to carry around an iPhone. It allows me to do and learn so much. Like now, I’m blogging from bed; how cool is that? Jeremy gave me the first iPhone the Christmas I was pregnant with Henry (07′) and I remember thinking how cool it was that I could use a handheld phone/map/internet browser. Now it’s a camera, a book, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, google, list-keeper, netflix, wordpress… And so much more!
5. I’m so grateful for my clients. For my clients turned friends. For the people who have supported me for so many years. The clients that have trusted me with their memories. So, so thankful for your trust and friendship
I have so much more to be thankful for. My husband. Family. Friends. Abundance of food and water, a lovely home. But I can barely keep my eyes open, so I’m off to bed
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Megan and Wilkes are on my books for this coming June and I can’t wait to be part of their wedding. Wilkes’ family owes a pecan orchard (is orchard the right term?) in Lincolnton, GA and that’s where they are getting married!
Many, many thanks to the fine folks at Green Briar Farms for letting us use their gorgeous property for Megan & Wilkes’ session!